Jakob Nielsen – five concepts:
- Learnability – system ease of use.
- Efficiency – how well system maps interface to user interaction.
- Memorability – how easy it is for users to remember how to do something.
- Errors – how well errors are handled and prevented.
- Satisfaction – user satisfaction with system.
Top ten web design mistakes according to Nielsen:
- Using frames
- Gratuitous use of Bleeding-Edge Technology
- Scrolling text, marquees and constantly running animations
- Complex URLs
- Orphan pages
- Long scrolling pages
- Lack of navigation support
- Non-standard link colours
- Outdated information
- Overly long download times.
- Legibility problems
- Non-standard links
- Content that’s not written for the web
- Bad search
- Browser incompatibility
- Cumbersome forms
- No contact information or other company info
- Frozen layouts with fixed page widths
- Inadequate photo enlargement